Refugee Employability Programme Estonia 2023
A total of 50 people can participate in the two-week employability program, and after completing the programme, they have the opportunity to participate in mentor consultations within three months. A total of 4 groups are formed with an average of 12 people. The groups are held in Russian and English.
3 September 2023
Feedback to candidates
7 September 2023
25 September - 23 October 2023
1 November 2023 - 31 January 2024
Who can take part?
The programme is designed for refugees in Estonia to support their employment journey here.
This program is suitable for everyone, regardless of their work experience or current employment status in Estonia. The requirement is to write and explain as thoroughly as you can in the application about your motivation to participate in this programme. Latest on 7 September we will announce people who got a place in our program.
We’re welcoming you from every location in Estonia! A large part of the activities take place physically in Tallinn, the transportation and accommodation costs to on-site events in Tallinn will be reimbursed. Participation is free. The program is held in English and Russian languages.
How does it work?
- Join the open pre-webinar series, to learn about the whole programme and the labour environment in Estonia.
- Apply to the Employability Programme, to develop your skills and knowledge about finding suitable work in Estonia.
- Start implementing your new skills and get guidance to have the best results within 3 months.
Employability training modules are a chance to get to know more about Estonian labour market and possibilities for finding work here. Also you get to work with your work related goals and fears, develop skills for holding motivation, develop your own work CV and motivation letter, practice interviews and much more. All these activites are supported by experineced trainers and psycologists with the additional benefits of having new like-minded friends through this program.
Training will be taking place throughout September and October in Vambola 6, Tallinn. During the two weeks of the employability programme there will be held 4 training modules where participants also have to do homework.
The training modules are as follows (NB! the order of the modules may change):
- Setting goals. Feasibility of goals and time planning. Application documents. Application procedure, interview types.
- Supporting your individuality. Coping with change. Self-management. Mapping and analysis of own strengths. Coping in a tense communication situation.
- Overview of the Estonian labor market. The foundations of Estonian labor market policy, the main state institutions that support employees - Estonian Unemployment Insurance Fund, Estonian Labour Inspectorate. Practitioner Session.
- Preparation for conversation, interview. Self-tuning and techniques. Video training. Completion of the program.
The programme welcomes participants from all over Estonia. A large part of the activity takes place in Tallinn, but if necessary, transport and accommodation costs are reimbursed to the participants. Participation is free and the programme is held in Russian and English.
In the three months following the training modules, mentoring sessions will take place both virtually and on-site. You can participate in mentor counseling three times in total. The programme includes mentors who are familiar with the Estonian labor market and can share good recommendations and encouragement for finding a job.
The program is carried out by the Estonian Refugee Council and in cooperation with the Estonian Labour Inspectorate. The program is supported by LHV.